Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eating Clean Get Ready For A New Habit



So it is the Weekend. If you didn't buy your note book yet, go get one. It doesn't need to be fancy, all though if you want one that is fine too. This week you will be starting to log what you are currently eating and how it is making you feel as well. Like when you have a soda, does it give you a headache, heart palpitations, sugar rush, crash in an hour, or what? OR you ate fast food because you were upset, you didn't bring food with you that day? Get the idea?

I am really excited and I look forward to hearing about all the progress that you each will make with this challenge. It is about building the foundation that is needed to make good habits. After all it takes 21 Days to create a Habit. I have done so much research on this way of life, I always am reading and looking into the latest info as well. I have experience with myself as well as others that I have helped. It is not about comparing yourself to others, It is about looking at You now and How and WHY you need to or want to make healthy changes.

So assignment for today is this: Write down Your WHY! It can be one sentence or a paragraph long. It needs to be Real and most important Your Own! For example mine is this: I desire to live a long and healthy life being an example to my children, family, friends and any one I meet. I want to be at a healthy weight that allows my body to burn calories and keep beautiful muscle on it, I choose to eat well to feed my body what is needs in order to function its best. I am a migraine sufferer as well as have hypothyroidism and I need and want to give my body the best foods to help it feel the best it can for a long, loved filled life.
Next: Keep track of what you are eating, drinking. Every time you eat, or drink, and why at the time you are eating what you are eating. Logging it only takes a couple minutes. So remember to write it down, so you don't forget. It doesn't need to be neat, or perfect. Just jot it down to help you know what your choices are and why.

Next: Write in the comments below that you have written your WHY, If you choose share it there with us. You may be helping someone else, by triggering ideas for them. Ask Any questions you have as well.

Have a Blessed Day,
Dani

3 comments:

  1. I have my food journal and logged the past several days (ouch!) and my WHY is listed below:

    I have more confidence in myself and abilities when I look my best.
    I want to be trim and toned and have energy and a positive, healthy outlook on life. (This is my Year of Happiness, after all!)
    By Eating Clean, and incorporating this new lifestyle into my family, I'll reduce or eliminate the guilt that comes with feeding my family toxic-laden processed foods.
    I hope Eating Clean will bring positive changes to us all:
    -improved mood : ) brain/memory function
    -endless energy for fun activities
    -better self-esteem to tackle our wish list of goals!
    Thanks, Dani - for keeping us accountable!
    MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE: dinner. With two working adults and homework/school activities, dinner is always a rushed, processed meal - or worse - fast food. How can we find healthy, economic and QUICK! options? Need to be realistic about prep and cooking time. I often have the best intentions for home cooked meals, but exhaustion at end of the day results in whatever is convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Mary Jo! Thank you for opening up, I think we have alot of people reading and not yet doing comments. I am so excited to have you a part of this, I am also so happy you to hear your WHY, that is great and I am looking forward to hearing your progress for you and your family every week!
    Dinner is a struggle for so many. Let me post about that as well. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My why first and foremost is to take care of the body I'm given to glorify the Lord. It is not mine to do whatever I please, but to serve Him who has given so much to me. Secondly, I live a fit and healthy lifestyle to set a positive example for my kids. My daughter especially, has my husband's family genes. It is very difficult for her to maintain a healthy weight for her age. So, I wish to provide a more ways for her to stay active on top of eating right. Thank you for sharing Dani! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete