Saturday, January 22, 2011

Eating Clean Shopping list and Meal Plan ideas

Eating Clean Challenge Day 6 + 7!
Eating Clean is a habit and we are getting ready to start WEEK 2!

Eating clean will produce better results more quickly. It isn't about doing it quick, it is about creating a habit and then YES, You will see it quicker than if you didn't do it at all, or only exercised.

This weekend I am asking you to create your shopping list and meal plans.
You will need to eat every 4 hours. It's easier to stick to an eating schedule if you're prepared. So it is grocery list time!! I am going to do this list like I do mine at home. In the order that I use it and shop. Please adjust to how your store is layed out and which aisle you go to first.


Sample list: Organic as much as possible
Veggies:
Carrots: 1 bag
Celery: 1-2 large stalks
Broccoli: 1-2 bunches
Cauliflower: 1 small head
Cucumbers: 2-3 large
Green Peppers: 2 medium
Roma Tomatoes: 5-6 large or medium or container of small ones
Romaine Lettuce: 2- 3 heads
Spinach prewashed: 1-2 bags

Fruits:
Blueberries: 2 cups or 1-2 containers
Strawberries: 2 cups or 1-2 containers
Grapefruits: about 4 medium
Oranges: 1 big bag or about 6-8 medium to large
Apples: Red bag and Green bag or about 6 small to medium of each

Frozen Food:
Strawberries: 1-2 bags
Peaches: 1 bag
Green Beans: 2 bags
Broccoli: 2 bags
Vans Waffles: 2-4 boxes

Meat/Fish:
Chicken Breasts: 2-3 packages of 4
Sliced Turkey Breast: 2-3 packs
Shrimp: 2 medium bags
Nitrate Free Turkey Bacon

Canned Goods:
Black Beans: 2 cans
Tomato sauce: 1 -2 jars
Amy's Organic Medium chili with veggies: 2 cans
Green Beans: 2 cans

Grains:
Quaker instant oatmeal: 1 large container
Instant brown rice: 1-2 packs
Hummus: 1 container

Breads/Cereal/Pasta:
Ezekiel: grain bread: 1 loaf in freezer
Arnolds bread: no HFCS no dairy for my son: 1 - 2 loaves
100% whole grain pasta: 1 box
Rice pasta: 1 box

Eggs/ Dairy:
Eggs: 2-3 dozen
Egg whites, All whites: 1 container
Low Fat mozzarella sticks: 1 package
Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt: 16 ounce container or Strawberry
also Raspberry Greek Yogurt individual sized about 5
Light Soy Milk: 2 1/2 gallons
Low fat cottage cheese: 1 container

Nuts: almonds and walnuts: 1 small package

Some things you  may need on hand:
Shakeology: 1 bag
Protein Powder: 1 container
P90X Protein Bars: 12 in a box
Applesauce: 1 jar
Ground black pepper: small bottle
Chili powder: 1 container
Cinnamon: 1 container
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 bottle
Honey: small container
Nonstick cooking spray: 1 bottle
Low-sodium chicken broth: 1 container
Baked tortilla chips: 1 bag
Salsa: 1 container
Peanut butter all natural stir and in fridge: 1 jar

Sample Meal Plan:
Eat every 4 hours! Keep it simple. Balance your foods together!
I give you an example of what I eat in the Eating Clean TAB above, please feel free to check it as well.
Meal 1: 4 egg whites with 1 cup of Oatmeal

Meal 2: 5 ounce chicken breast (palm sized) with tomato salad

Meal 3: 1 cup of Greek Yogurt and blueberries

Meal 4: 5 large shrimp and unlimited leafy salad with raw broccoli and raw cucumber

Meal 1: Omelet from 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup chopped broccoli, 1 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese with 1 slice of Ezekiel bread

Meal 2: 3 oz of Tuna with 1 cup of Hummus and tomatoes

Meal 3: Shakeology with 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of soy milk or low fat milk. and 1 cup of Strawberries frozen

Meal 4: 5 oz Chicken Breast with 1 cup of Green Beans and 1 cup of brown rice


So planning these meals will be part of what you will do each week. Going to the store after you make your list is important to help you stay of track and not buy what you really don't need. Remember to buy somethings in bulk, use coupons like crazy and buy store brands!!

You should have already planned what time you will be eating your meals, some of us it will vary, don't worry about that, do it a week at a time or a day at a time, just Do IT! My schedule is different on the eve's I am home and the eve's I am not. So plan it and don't worry about it. My kids know some days we eat later for dinner and sometimes earlier. We try to stick to the same time as much as possible. Other than that I pretty much stick to the same times each day. I bring my food with me if I have more apts in the morning after I teach or train and can't come home. That is honestly where my P90X bars save me!!

After you have your times written down, go into the times and write down what foods you will eat based off of your shopping list and meal ideas. Pretty much I want you to have a Protein with every meal, a carb or veggie too! Fruit can be with one meal as well.

My day is about 5 Proteins, 2 dairy, 1 - 2 fruits, 2 vegetables, 1 fat, 1 carb sometimes 2
I have Shakeology everyday, If you want to know why see my Healthiest Meal of the Day TAB Above.

OK, Now get to work, comment below and let me know how it is going!
I look forward to hearing from you.
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment