Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lose 10 lbs in 30 days: Supplement with Protein?

Why do We Need to Supplement with Protein?

I know I am working hard to lose weight, and after I do I want to keep it off and keep my body lean and healthy. Supplementing with Protein is a sure way for me to do this. I have heard of many protein powders and have tried many too. I do have my favorites which I will put into my recipes for you to see, but it ultimately is up to you to pick what is best for you. I just recommend!

Part of eating clean for me is eating five to six meals a day and they all include both a complex carbohydrate as well as protein in each of them. Sometimes the fastest way for me to get it in is in a liquid meal. YUMMY!! I can make these into amazing shakes or smoothies. Adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder to many things helps to get in all we need. I personally use Shakeology- for the top reason that no other shake is out there that gives my body all that is in it, I also use  Beachbody Vanilla and Chocolate Whey Protein powder. Here are some of my favorite ways to make a great shake!! Also the great thing about Shakeology is it Isn't just a protein shake, you are getting so much more in it! See my tab above: Healthiest Meal of the Day!
I first will  say this to you: be cautious of some brands that are loaded with sugar and artificial sugars. This is not the way to help you stay healthy, just because it is a protein supplement will not mean it is the best choice for you. As always I tell it like it is!!

Chocolate oatmeal shake:
1/2 cup of precooked plain oatmeal
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup of skim milk ( I use organic lactose free)
Blend!

Chocolate Mint Shakeology:
1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1/2 cup of ice
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of skim milk or your choice
little bit of mint extract
Blend!

Orange Cream Dream Shake:
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of ice
1 orange peeled
1/4 cup of milk
Blend!

Chocolate Strawberry Shakeology:
1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 - 1 cup of frozen strawberries (sometimes I do half with peaches too)
Blend!


You can pick your favorites too, like natural peanut butter, bananas, and more! We also have the Shakeology 3 day Cleanse that is very popular. I have an old post on that as well. Now go blend!!

Make a great shake and share it here!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,
    I prefer non-fat plain Kefir to milk. I have used that as a substitute over milk for my "smoothies"
    Your thoughts on Kefir in place of milk when making a shake.
    Thanks!
    Suzzann Cummings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is great, there are amazing benefits to Kefir! As long as it is not loaded with junk to alter the taste. So You go for it!! That is Great Suzzann!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shakeology is due to arrive tomorrow I can not wait. It makes my lunches at work soo much easier and I can not believe how filling it is.

    ReplyDelete