Friday, May 27, 2011

Sharing a thing or two about Losing Weight



As you walk in front of the mirror, what is the first thing you look at? Is it the positive beautiful aspects of who you are, or are you looking for all the little negative things? Ah, didn't think I was going to say that did you? Well, I truly know that no matter how many times we tell ourselves that we are wonderful the way we are, do you really believe it? I do, but I often struggle with it too! I know how I feel when my weight is up a little bit more than it normally is. I know how I feel when it is down at a good healthy weight as well. So, what I am getting at is, it isn't always about what you weigh but how you feel. How we feel can be discussed in a couple of different ways.

1. You may be having feelings like you are not good enough or that you don't look good in your clothes and don't even think about being naked.
2. You may feel good about yourself but feel sluggish, overwhelmed with low energy and its hard to do things like bend over or go up the stairs, and run after your kids well forget it.
3. You may feel bad about feeling all the above things and start to blame everything around you for it happening. It couldn't be the food choices your making, its the fact that you have no time, you don't get enough sleep, these darn hormones are making me fat. If I could only had more money to buy healthy food that would help me.

Do you ever find yourself thinking any of these things?
I have, I also talk to others on daily basis that do. For me, I am a thinker, I have a strong focus on what I want and how I want to feel and live my life. I am human as you are and we all deal with these things from time to time. It is when they get out of control and you can't get the feeling and thoughts to stop, that is when you really need to look at this and ask for help. So, remember there is nothing wrong with reaching out to someone that can help you. Actually when it comes to eating issues, you will be more successful when you get help from qualified people that know what to do to help you. Working with a Psychologist, Trainer and Nutrition Expert are great ways to make sure you are getting all the correct advice on how to deal with and manage your eating issue.



So, as a woman who has been in pretty good shape and deals with 2-8 lbs here and there, I tell you that I have to think about what is going on in my life too, I have to do all the things I tell others to do.

1. Eat Healthy: not just to lose weight but to really feel good and avoid fatigue and to be well inside as well as look well on the outside.

2. Be active: Finding some way to be active everyday, move, move, move! Walk, take a group exercise class, lift weights, ride your bike, play ball in the yard or park with the kids, dance!!



3. Being Active is good but remember the intensity and frequency do count: So you are active, but how often? And How active, is it just a stroll around the block? Based off of your goals will determine what intensity is right for you. If you want to lose weight you need to do more than go for a stroll.

4. Supplement: Make sure I am taking my vitamins and supplements everyday is important too. I use Shakeology and whey protein powder as well as a multivitamin everyday.















5. Self Care: This is not just eating well and exercise it is about making sure that I get enough rest each day so my body recovers from what I do. Not only rest but things like massage or using my foam roller in between visits of a massage or chiropractic care, also taking quiet time for me each day, if its a bath, or sitting and reading. Keeping a good eye on my Thyroid and how it is doing is important too. Seeing your Dr for checkups and  also, talking to someone like a Psychologist to help you work through things like anxiety of life and help you learn to understand how and why you do what you do. I believe in personal development so much, taking time to read books, listen to audios and talk with successful people is a great way to move you forward in life. After all it isn't just about my body, it is my mind and soul as well.




These all play a part in you reaching not only your weight loss goals but your goals in life.
I have so much more info in some of the above Tabs, like: Healthiest Meal, Eating Clean, Training options and Join my team.   Please look around and get more tips to help you reach your goals.

As always comment below and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Love Life, Laugh as You Live and Stay Fit,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment