Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 Tips to Drop Stress and Finally Lose Weight

3 Tips to Drop Stress and Finally Lose Weight!

by: Danielle Laux



I have to admit this has been a hard area for me in my life, I am truly one that loves to work and keep going, going, going! So, to admit that I am a bit of a control freak is rough, but I have worked on it for a long time now and have to say, that it is totally true that I have to schedule my day, and this includes rest as well as work and meals too! As a Migraine sufferer, this is all to true for me, having a daily rest time scheduled is one of my top priorities! As a wife, mom and business owner who sufferers from migraines, I often will lose days or weeks of focus and that is no good for me or anyone. I have goals and I am successful and want to continue to be and teach other woman that we can do this and drop stress and lose weight and feel good about our life and reach our goals. You with me? Let's do it!

Tip 1: Set a daily to do list- This will include all the tasks you need to accomplish for the day. An example below: 
1. workout 1 hour
2. prepare food and meals for day
3. kids to school
4. reading positive self improvement book 10 pages
5. Audio listen 30 minutes Jim Rohn
6. Time with God
7. Teach class/or train client 3 hours
8. schedule posts/answer emails/ social media 1 hour
9. Email team and customers 30 minutes
10. webinar 1 hour
11. 15 minutes lay flat eyes closed
12. home work/family time 4-8
13. me time bath
14. connect with husband

Tip 2: Understand and except that you have to schedule your time for yourself daily and a longer time for yourself weekly and monthly as well. Taking care of yourself is the best way to take care of others better! So plan baths, walks, reading, sewing, go dancing, out with the girls, get a massage, go for a weekend for you to replenish, join a bible study group, set time each day to close your eyes and dream of clouds and beaches for whatever time you can set aside even if its 5-15 minutes. Do you need to stay in the bathroom an extra 10 minutes in order to get it in? Then do that! Just make sure you put it into your schedule.


Tip3: Make it known to the family that this is needed/wanted and IS GOING TO HAPPEN with every ones help. Yes, that is correct, when one person is making a positive change it will have an effect on the entire family so make it known and expect some hesitation on someones part, but don't back down, stay strong with this new boundary and new habit you are creating. In time all will be used to it and they will see you are better for doing it and it will teach them all a good habit for themselves too!

Being an example just happens, so make it a good example. Instead of the mom that runs around annoyed, snapping at every word someones says, losing her patience, not eating well, take it out on everyone cause we are up 3 lbs again, (didn't I just lose that, ugh), hmm wonder If my husband wants sex tonight, of course he does, what can I say to get out of that, I haven't slept a straight  night for 3 nights now, ugh I feel like I am going crazy, what day is it, oh school is starting oh my gosh what happened to summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound like anyone you know? Maybe or Definitely it is time to schedule your daily time for you. And yes even the moms that work full time need to do this too, even more so. I have heard it all, time is what we make of it. I have compassion but I tell you like it is, you want to do something or make a change you need to do it, make time for it, whatever time you can. If you don't do it now, you will never have more time later, you know you think that right? Oh, I will wait till I have more time after this project, after the kids go back to school, after I get this house organized. Really? Plan it, schedule it and do it. That is the only way! When I get a migraine I redo what I need to the next day. It is all about Mastering the negative and knowing when you need the extra rest in order to do more the next day. Be real, it is a daily process. You can do it. Now get started. I would love to hear from you and know how you are doing. comment below when you start your schedule, share your Me Time ideas, Some other moms and wives may be needing a tip from you too!
Thanks and as always,
Love Life, Laugh as You Live and Stay Fit,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment