Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Journey to compete in a Figure Competition!

I am getting ready to start Week Five in my journey to compete in a Figure competition. This is my DREAM. Years ago I started and then life got in the way. Well, for the past three years I have been meeting more goals and dreams than ever before because of my Fitness Business; so it is time for me to revisit this dream and make it happen. It is so amazing to see others reach their goals and dreams and while I am helping them, I hear that voice in my head saying "what about you and that one dream you haven't done yet"?  So here we go!

I have to say that for me to say I was heavier and struggling is rough, but it keeps me real and let's you know that I understand how things happen and I can honestly say that all I have been through is why I help others and show them how to live a Quality filled Balanced life. For me it has been a year of being about 8-10 pounds heavier then when I was in the best shape of my life from doing the P90X program and eating clean. After my gallbladder surgery and being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism I put weight on and my same old routine of teaching classes and fitting in a workout here or there and eating clean on and off was not working. It was time for me to get back to what works and stick to it! I was told to back off of my own workouts except for therapy, due to a shoulder tear from years ago and an accident that lead to sprains in my ankle, neck and back. Anyway, I still do therapy and self care it is so important but I have gone back to my own workouts and eating clean and I am seeing results! Yeah!!!

Before at 130!

In week four training 122!
 So it is an amazing journey so far! I am so excited about moving forward and seeing results. I have to still work on adding more muscle to my body and leaning out as well, but I am fitting in my jeans and they are loose!!! WOW!! I even got my skinny jeans on and they were big! Say "YEAH" with me!! "YEAH!!!

As I progress I would love to share my journey with you and talk about how it is going, post some pictures and videos as well.

Even though I am a Fitness Professional, I still hired a Figure Coach. This is what I recommend especially for your first year of shows. They know all the information to help you and they have it down to a science so why not! After all people hire me and come to me for help, why wouldn't I go to others as well. Learning all you can is important and taking Action is what makes your Dreams come True.


Please continue to follow my journey and see how I am doing! I am always looking forward to sharing with you. Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DanielleRLaux
Be Blessed in all you do,
Love Life, Laugh as You Live And Stay Fit,
Dani

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you, girl! You look amazing! You are an inspiration. I also love the new blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete