Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eating to Shed Fat

Eating To Shed Fat:
Dani Feb 12 2012
To lose or shed fat from the body is something that most of us want to do. I know most of us want it to happen now, so we can feel and look better in a day. Right? I'm laughing as I type this because it is so true. Even though I know better, it is still a deep down wish and desire; but I also know that the journey is a life journey and the hard work everyday becomes easier as it becomes a daily habit instead of a chore.  
So, what am I eating these days to lose the weight I have lost while keeping/building lean muscle? 
 I don't want to be skinny Minny, I want to see muscle definition and feel amazing in and out of my clothes. I think the past two years I felt good in certain clothes but now I feel great in most of them. Yeah!!! I say feel because it isn't all about the look for me, it is the feeling of being healthy, strong, confident and balanced in every way; from energy to how much I lift in weights, to how focused I am when working to my time with my hubby and kids! And More and More!!

Food for me is fuel for my body, so I can get up get going, teach, train, run a business, be a mom and wife, go to the store, run here and there, take care of the dog, read my bible, be in prayer, focus on relationships and more and more. Can you relate? We have much to do in our lives, so we better learn to eat what is going to help us do what we need to and what we want to. Right? I don't know about you, but feeling bloated, dragged down, tired, headaches, migraines, overweight, hurting, no concentration, depressed and just plain yucky is not how I want to feel in my life. I hope that you don't want to feel like this either. If you do feel like this, I encourage you to take the steps you need to in order to get on a path of health and wellness! It may not be easy but it is so worth it and it does get easier as it becomes a habit.

OK, Back to what I am eating to lose the weight I have lost while keeping/building lean muscle. Is this what you want to know? Here is a little bit of what I am doing.
1. I Drink a lot of Water. Aim for about 2 liters a day. I love lemon water too, great liver cleanse!

2. I eat every 3 hours, sometimes its 2 1/2 hours, I tend to be a hungry girl. LOL! This is about 5-6 meals a day. Helps me to stay on track.

3. I balance my food with a protein, carbohydrates, veggies, fruits and fats. You can too, balance each meal so you have the proper portion size for your meals.

4. I supplement using Protein Powder and Shakeology as well as vitamins and healthy fats too!

5. When I am still hungry, I use green tea and lemon water to help me! Works every time!

6. I allow a cheat meal here and there, something to look forward too, like pizza or a chocolate muffin. Yes I like these foods, but don't make them part of my everyday plan. :)

Sample Day:
Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup of veggies and Slice of Ezekiel Bread! Water, vitamins and black coffee.

Meal 2: 3 oz of Chicken with 1/2 cup of veggies.

Meal 3: White Tuna with 1/2 cup of veggies and a small sweet potato.

Meal 4: Protein shake with some Shakeology mixed into it.

Meal 5: 3 oz lean ground turkey with 1/2 cup brown rice and veggies.

Meal 6: Protein shake!!

Success happens when you take action and turn all the steps you need to take each day to reach your goals into a daily habit! You can do it. Reach out to me if you would like more information on Challenges that I run to help people reach their goals. My team is successful and has an amazing amount of accountability, motivation, encouragement and focus to give to help each person we come in contact with each day.

Love Life, Laugh as You Live and Stay Fit,
Dani







                 

No comments:

Post a Comment