Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Tips on Grocery Shopping Success
I will help you!!!!! So get excited, maybe for the first time about Grocery Shopping!!
1. Wake up and say: Today is the day I plan and get my kitchen and pantry cleaned out and ready for all the food I am to eat that will feed my self and family the foods that will help us have: Energy, True Health, help us lose weight and or just plain feel better!!!!!!
Out with the Crap!! Any food that is loaded with sugar and fat like those donuts, Twinkies, cupcakes, cookies, chips, sugar cereals, ice cream, packaged tray dinners, canned goods loaded with salt, sugar and oils....... Get it. Now get rid of it!! Some of these foods may be OK later and in moderation. BUT if they are a trigger for you and can cause you Sabotage, Get rid of it!!
2. Pen to paper: Write out what foods you need and what staples you need to flavor your foods and any supplements you need to pick up too. Here is a sample to help you plan:
Flavor helpers, staples: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, pepper, Red pepper flakes, other spices and herbs, mustard, Fresh Salsa, lemon juice, lime juice. So much more too.
Protein sources: Eggs, All whites brand Egg whites ( no egg beaters), Chicken Breasts and Turkey Breasts, Lean Ground Turkey, Extra lean ground turkey, turkey burgers, lean meats if you like red or pork, protein powders, Shakeology, White Fish.. Even more....
Carbohydrates: Oatmeal, Quinoa, Ezekiel wraps and breads, sprouted grains, Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, Rice Cakes no salt, Whole Wheat Pastas, even more....
Fruits and Veggies: Organic Apples, and berries, grapefruit, kiwi, oranges, bananas, pears, tomatoes, celery, carrots, spinach, asparagus, green beans, snap peas, broccoli, kale, greens, and more....
Fats: Natural Nut Butters that you stir and put in fridge, Raw Almonds, Avocados, Olive oil, Flax seed meal, Flax oil and more.....
3. Meal planning: check out the Eat Clean Tab Above for sample meal plans to help you put together a day worth of food and help you calculate what amount you need to get at the store.
4. Write out Grocery List: First visualize the store you are going to visit and write your list out according to the outer part of the store by all the fruits and veggies and meat, then any Aisle that you need to go down for any additional items. Like herbs and seasonings, wraps, coffee etc...
I shop at a couple of different stores to find what I need, now that I am used to it I can get it done pretty quickly. I actually enjoy going and taking a little more time now and looking for anything else that I think is new, exciting or something that I want to research and check out.
My Store Choices: My TeamBeachbody shop on line, Fruitful Yields, Jewel and Target!!! :)
TeamBeachbody is where I get my Shakeology, Protein powders, omega and other vitamins, Fruitful yields other vitamins, Bragg's apple cider, many meats and seasonings, Jewel some meats and produce and Target some meats, produce and much more.
5. Stay Focused when at the Store: Stick to your list, after all you created it for exactly what you need for the week, so stick to it!! Your new focus and desire to be healthy should be your thought the whole time your in the store. If you pass something that temps you, Say: What will that do for me? May give me a minute of pleasure but it will keep me further from my goals and when I reach my goals each week I will have even more Pleasure than what that crap could ever give me!!
I hope this helps you and I would love to hear from you. Please comment below!
Love Life, Laugh as You Live and Stay Fit,