Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Vegan or Whey Protein Bars

Do you love Chocolate? I do I do!! I am a chocolate lover for sure. I also love to eat healthy and clean and want to be able to get in something sweet sometimes as a treat and not feel like I have lost all I have worked so hard for.




I look at recipes all the time and see how I can make them work better for me. I have used  Whey Protein powder in the past and do have some that I like, as long as it doesn't have artificial sugar in it that is.
I have found that my digestive system really does better when I stay dairy free, so for this reason I choose Vegan Shakeology and Vegan Protein Powder. I use these in my protein bars. I hope you like them too.

NEEDED: 1/2 cup of Vegan Protein Powder or Vegan Shakeology Chocolate. 3 tbsp of Almond Butter (plain, natural and nothing added to it) 1/2 cup of ground Oats, 2 tbsp of Coconut Flour, 2 tbsp of ground up almonds or walnuts or fine without too, 1/2 cup of water and about 4 to 5 squares of Dark Chocolate around 85-90% Dark for the coating.

1. Blend all of these ingredients together but keep the dark chocolate out
2. Shape all into small bars or 4 bars total
3. Melt the dark chocolate so you can dip each of the bars into it and cover. I find using a spatula and tongs works best.
4. Place in fridge for about an hour or you can freeze about 25-30 minutes.
6. Wrap in Foil to bring with you when you need to.
About: 17 grams of protein per bar YOu will need to check the info of what you use to make these to know all your info on fat grams and carbs and calories.
I try to keep it around 17 grams of protein and 250 calories and 8-14 grams of fat, so I will often keep out the extra nuts cause I am using nut butter.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment